Duration: 8 weeks
Eight week course starting September 2016
The eight sessions are fun and enjoyable and will give you the confidence and skills to make the most of your garden. Most weeks have both theory and practical sessions, based in our teaching room and in our 1 and 1/3 acre garden – so there’s always lots to do!
- Week One – Introduction to plants – plant recognition, plant types and a little bit of Latin!
- Week Two- What plants need to grow – different conditions for plants, what does your garden offer?
- Week Three – What equipment you will want, and a practical session on using various tools
- Week Four – How to recognise and cope with common weeds and pests
- Week Five – Propagation – different types of propagating plants and practical session
- Week Six – Lawns and composts
- Week Seven – Productive Gardening – an introduction to growing vegetables, herbs and flowers
- Week Eight – Containers – how to use and plant them for the best results