A stand alone, or follow on course to our Garden Design Course. Find out how to plan and plant garden borders, or upgrade existing ones in this informal and enjoyable class.
Autumn is the best time to start planning next year’s borders so make sure you’re prepared!
- 2 day course
- 15 and 17 October 2018
- Cost £80 for both days
The aim of this two day course is to give you ideas and inspiration to create the type of garden that you want, led by Chris Davies, who is an experienced teacher and gardener.
At the end of the course we will have covered these topics for you to plan and plant your own border!
- Know your garden: The best way to start any garden planning is to know what sort of garden you have, so we’ll look at the factors which will affect plant growth and planning in your garden.
- Basic plant information: annuals, biennials, perennials, shrubs, trees
- Planting – plants for places: Avoid wasting money buying plants that don’t thrive or even die. It is important to see what will work for you and choose the most suitable plants.
- Basic design ideas: border size, situation, style, plant shapes and texture
- Putting it all together: how to assemble the plants in your choice of border – cottage garden, colour themed, functional, formal.
We’re taking bookings for this course now!
Contact us for more information or to sign up