We are just putting the finishing touches to our first Design Your Own Garden Course. This six session course, plus an extra session for finalising ideas, will give you the basic skills, knowledge and ideas to design or alter your own garden, and will run on Tuesdays in September and October, although final dates are still to be confirmed. If you would like to know more or register your interest, call Christine on 0151 334 8878
By the end of the course you will know how to draw a plan and planting for at least one bed (or more if wanted), have a good idea of materials and costs for hard landscaping and plan a schedule of work.
The seven sessions cover:
- Surveying and making a site plan
- Measuring the garden and making a scale drawing
- Looking at different ‘styles’ of gardening and deciding which you would like – creating a mood board
- Choosing and arranging suitable plants for the garden – structure, texture and colour, maintenance and future management
- Considering hard landscaping ideas; structure, paving and patios, fencing, lighting, water, containers and ornaments
There will be a two week interval between sessions, to give time for consideration about your needs.
Week seven will be an extra session where any final research, questions can be brought to Fieldcrest.
This course is open to everyone and no prior knowledge or skills are needed, although some basic gardening knowledge would be useful.